The Band was a disaster, it ruined my wedding! How many times have you heard that and how do I find my Perfect Wedding Band ? Here are the top ten tips to finding your perfect wedding band and some advice to make sure everything happens when it’s supposed to on your Big Day.
- Always make sure to view the band before you commit to booking them.
- Pay a deposit and insist on a confirmation response regarding the deposit paid and the balance due on the night with all the terms agreed.
- Ask the band to Confirm in writing the maximum time they will perform for.
- So you don’t get any extra surprises to make sure the agreed fee for the band includes the setup, sound, and lighting and travel to and from the wedding reception.
- Ask the wedding band if you can view their setlist and maybe talk through some options for the first dance or how you would like the band to finish off the evening.
- Give the band representative your direct contact at the venue, ask them to call the duty manager regarding suitable load in and arrival times so you don’t get any nasty delays.
- Ask the band to perform a good general mix of Music genres and styles so you can cater for all your guests to ensure a smooth flow to the whole wedding party, the greater the mix of music the more likelihood the majority of people will dance.
- It’s advisable to ask the band to start as soon as possible after the meal so you can get the Party Started! A lull here means the guests go off to different areas of the reception it breaks up the flow of the evening.
- Relax have fun and put your trust in the band, try not to dictate too much the order of the setlist of the band, as they usually know the best order to get everyone up and ensure a full dancefloor.
I hope these few simple tips help you out and best of luck on your wedding day.