Budgeting is one of the crucial steps in preplanning your Wedding day, along with choosing the date and venue. The budget amount will outline all the choices you make while planning your big day.
There are a few pointers when setting your budget.
- Make it realistic and flexible;
- Take into consideration your vision of the big day;
- Include all the details so you don’t get any surprises!
According to WeddingsOnline.ie survey, in average the Irish couple will spending around 30k on their special day.
There are a few ways you can cut costs:
- Choose a week day: 81% of weddings take place on a Friday or Saturday
- Have a Winter Wedding: July is the most popular month for weddings so you might get a better deal if you book during low season for venues.
- Ask your bridal party for some help with diy decoration!
- Book with enough time in advance.
The wedding music and entertainment can make or break your big day so we advise you to take your time when booking any artist or performer.
Here are our tips to stay within budget while booking outstanding entertainment:
1. Book in advance:
The most popular bands have a very busy schedule, to avoid disappointment make sure you book them in advance. Usually bands are booked one year prior to the big day.
2. Get a Package:
When booking your entertainment through an Agency you get the opportunity to negotiate a package deal for different musical acts for the different stages of your wedding. This not only gives you the confidence of booking professional artists but also helps you negotiate better deals in a bundle.
3. Ask for a Smaller Band:
Sometimes a band will be advertised as 5 piece or a 6 piece, however in some cases they have the option of downsizing to fit a smaller venue. If you really love band that is out of your budget, just ask if they would do a 3 or 4 piece option.